Dictionary 6.1.1 LATEST
Windows 10 (32-bit) / Windows 10 (64-bit)
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Dictionary 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
While the core functionality of the app is of course centered on the easy discovery of search terms and learning much about their definitions, use in sentences, and even similar words historical versions of the English language, this streamlined app also offers users an easy and fun way to discover new words in the well-designed main dashboard screen that features several fun activities and showcases such as Word of the Day, Idiom of the Day, Spelling Bee, Match Up game, Article of the Day and Quote of the Day. In addition to the comprehensive support for words regularly used in common conversations and written text, this app also has in-depth and detailed support for specialty terms that are used in modern Medicine, Legal, Financial, and other modern professions.
The user interface of this English Dictionary is built upon the best practices found in the Windows “Modern” apps, enabling users with both mouse and touch controls to easily discover all of its features, search for words and find their meaning. The main interface is separated into several tabs located on the far-left corner of the app, with an eye-catching search text box always present on the top. Users can bookmark pages, share the content they found interesting via social networks, and even play fun games and earn points and badges that will showcase the level of your knowledge.
As part of the Windows 10 Store, all that users need to download and install this app is to visit its official page on Windows Store and click the large blue “Get” button. In addition to supporting the development effort of the Farlex company, the usage of this app will also benefit hungry children through The Free Dictionary's integrated partnership with the World Food Program charity. The Dictionary app from Farlex is 100% FREE and can be used on all modern PCs running Windows 8 and 10.
Features and Highlights
- Search multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, audio and phonetic pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
- Offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
- Get in-depth info from specialty dictionaries: Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, and Idioms, plus multiple encyclopedias and even Wikipedia. Quickly toggle between them by using the source icons.
- Access dictionaries in 13 other languages, including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
- Translate English words into more than 40 languages, ranging from Afrikaans and Arabic to Urdu and Vietnamese, plus dozens of other translation options.
- Learn something new with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, Idiom of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, and more.
- Browse multiple thesaurus sources, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even pictures.
- Use Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and more.
- Share your favorite words and articles via email and social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Navigate the app in a dozen languages with a multilingual interface.
- Log in to sync your bookmarks and track your learning.
- Play word games, including Spelling Bee and Match Up, plus Words Within Words and Hangman in multiple languages.
- Customize your homepage, including local Weather and personalized Horoscope.
- Add thousands of bookmarks and sync them to any device.
- Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
- Look up the definition of any word on the page with the highlight feature.
- Create live tiles for homepage content like Word of the Day and more.
- View recent search history.
- Remove all ads forever with the Ad-free Upgrade option.