Google Input Tools LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
But that is not where the usefulness of Google Input Tools ends. In addition to providing one-click access to virtual keyboards and all the special characters from over 90 languages, this extension also provides seamless service of either full IMEs or direct translation for over 30 scripts, and even support for detecting handwriting in over 40 languages.
Installation and Use
To install Google Input Tools, all you need to do is to install it in your Google Chrome (or supported Chromium) browser and to have an active Google Account. After a very brief installation, the extension will create a new icon in the interface of the browser. By clicking on it you can access a control drop-down menu with simple tools for language switching, extensions options, and keyboard shortcut settings. To select your desired languages and make them easily accessible via a dropdown menu, all you need to do is to go to Extensions Options area and drag&drop desired languages into the “Select Input Tools” area.
In addition to visual tools, the app also features a wide array of keyboard shortcuts that can help you more easily switch between languages and activate specific keyboard modes. It is very important to note that this Chrome extension will not function in the URL address bar on the top of the browser app. It is usable only in text fields inside the web pages or online documents.
To begin using the extension, click on the extension icon and select "Extension Options" from the pop-up menu. This will open a new tab where you can choose your preferred languages or input methods. The input tools you add to "Selected input tools" can be enabled at any time by clicking on the extension icon and selecting them from the pop-up menu. You can always return to the options page to add, remove, or change the order of your input tools.
To use a specific input tool, click on the extension icon, select the desired language tool in the pop-up menu, and then click on any text box on the web page. To turn off an input tool, click on the extension icon and select the "Turn Off" option.
Transliteration allows you to type languages phonetically in English letters and have them appear in their correct alphabet. Keep in mind that transliteration is different from translation; the sound of the words is converted from one alphabet to the other, not the meaning. For example, to type "namaste" in Hindi using transliteration, you would type "n-a-m-a-s-t-e" and press SPACE to select the first suggestion नमस्ते.
Latin IMEs are designed to help people type in Latin-script languages using a US keyboard. Features include automatic diacritics, spell correction, and prefix completion. To use Latin IMEs, type unaccented letters, and they will be corrected to the desired word. For example, if you type "franca" in the French IME, "français" will appear and can be committed by pressing TAB. If you continue typing "francais", "français" will be committed by pressing SPACE. To see all candidates for "francais", press BACKSPACE.
For handwriting input, select the handwriting input of your desired language. Press the trackpad or left-click of the mouse to hand draw a character on the pop-up handwriting panel. Select the character from the suggestion list, or simply press ENTER or SPACE key to select the first suggestion.
In order to use virtual keyboards, you can use one of the three available methods:
- Just type the text using your keyboard, with or without the presence of the on-screen virtual keyboard.
- Also, you can type the text and rely on the automatic word recommendation that will be offered by the software extension. Depending on the position of the cursor during the typing, you can get either one or several recommendations, and by pressing the button TAB you can accept the top-ranked recommendation. Since you don’t have to type entire words, this approach can save you a lot of time.
- Finally, you can use a pencil tool to draw letters on the screen inside a resizable writing window, and the app will try to recognize and type it as fast as possible.
- Switch between 90 virtual keyboards directly in your Chrome Browser.
- Take advantage of IMEs and Direct Translation of over 30 types of scripts.
- Handwriting support for over 40 languages.
- Available both online and offline.
- A personalized dictionary that will adapt to your custom or uncommon words.
- 100% Free
Overall, Google Input Tools is a powerful and user-friendly language input tool that allows users to type in different languages and scripts with ease. Whether you are a multilingual user who needs to switch between languages frequently or a user who needs to type in a specific language occasionally, it offers a convenient and reliable solution for typing in multiple languages.
Note: Requires Google Account and Google Chrome Browser.
Also Available: Download Google Input Tools for Mac
Google Input Tools Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 105.0 Build 4970.29 (64-bit)
- Secure EraserSecure Eraser 6.100
- DeskInDeskIn Remote Desktop 3.1.0
- BinanceBinance - Buy Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Opera GXOpera GX 104.0.4944.85 (64-bit)
- WPS OfficeWPS Office Free 220.127.116.1166
- TradingViewTradingView - Trusted by 50 Million Traders
- Total AVTotal AV - Antivirus Pro 2023
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.14.10
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals