What's new in this version:
Microsoft Office 2016 16.0.6741.2017 (64-bit)
- Feature updates: Publish to Power BI: Save and publish workbook items, such as charts, ranges, and tables to powerbi.com and interact with that data in a dashboard format. Requires a Power BI subscription. More information
- Non-security updates: Fix an issue where, when using a theme color and running a macro or add-in, the status bar changes to green with gray text, making it difficult for user to read the status update on the status bar.
- Non-security updates: Fix an issue where content highlighting doesn't appear when using See Playback option.
- Feature updates: Archive command on the ribbon: Allows you to quickly move an item stored in your Inbox or any other folder to an archive folder. More information
- Work with groups: Browse, join, and create groups from within Outlook and add ones to follow most actively to your Favorites. More information
Outlook: Non-security updates:
- Fix an issue where creating a profile causes Outlook to crash. More information about this issue
- Fix an issue where scrolling through a message causes Outlook to crash.
- Fix an issue where the cursor lags behind what the user is typing.
- Fix an issue where items in the From dropdown aren't completely highlighted completely in high contrast mode.
- Fix an issue where only the first attachment is selected when using SHIFT + CLICK to select multiple attachments.
- Fix an issue with using Paste All to copy addresses from the Calendar clipboard to a new meeting.
- Fix an issue where accessing a ghosted public folder on Exchange Server causes Outlook to crash.
- Fix an issue where users can't access public folders hosted on Exchange Server 2010.
- Fix an issue where, if message sender attaches a file while replying to an HTML email containing inline images in the body or signature, the message recipient gets the message but not the attachment.
Skype for Business:
- Non-security updates:
- Fix an issue where clicking on the taskbar preview image for a new conversation window causes Skype for Business to crash.
- Non-security updates: Fix an issue where the cursor lags behind what the user is typing.
- Feature updates: Small object selection handles: Improved selection handle to help users manipulate small objects in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, especially when using a touch-enabled device.
- Non-security updates: Add an option under File > Options > Advanced in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to let users set the default behavior for using a pen to be mouse emulation instead of ink annotations.