Nessus 8.10.1 LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Nessus 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Out of the box, pre-configured templates are included for a range of IT and mobile assets - from configuration audits to patch management effectiveness - to help you quickly understand where you have vulnerabilities. It includes more than 450 compliance and configuration templates to audit configuration compliance against CIS benchmarks and other best practices.
Easily create reports based on customized views, including specific vulnerability types, vulnerabilities by the host or by the plugin. Create reports in a variety of formats (HTML, CSV and .nessus XML) and easily tailor reports by team or client which can be emailed with every scan.
Live Results automatically performs an offline vulnerability assessment with every plugin update, showing you where you may have vulnerabilities based on your scan history. From here you can easily run a scan to validate the presence of the vulnerability which accelerates the accurate detection and prioritization of issues.
Similar issues or categories of vulnerabilities are grouped together and presented in one thread, simplifying the time to research and prioritize issues for remediation. Snoozing lets you select specific issues to disappear from view for a specified period of time. So you only focus on the issues that matter at that time.
It identifies the vulnerabilities that need attention with high-speed, accurate scanning and minimal false-positives. Tenable researchers leverage extensive intel sources, providing plugins that deliver timely protection from the latest threats. 47,000+ CVEs – the most in the industry. Nessus scans more technologies and uncovers more vulnerabilities than competing solutions. Cost-effective for any consultant or team, It provides complete vulnerability scanning with unlimited assessments for one low price.
Features and Highlights
- A complete analysis of your security level
- Up-to-date security vulnerability database.
- Security checks database is updated on a daily basis, and all the newest security checks are available here and can be retrieved with the command nessus-update-plugins. An RSS feed of all the newest security checks allows you to monitor which plugins are added and when.
- Remote and local security.
- Traditional network security scanners tend to focus on the services listening on the network - and only on these. Now that viruses and worms are propagating thanks to flaws in mail clients or web browsers, this conception of security is getting outdated.
- Elegant architecture
- Extremely scalable
- It has been built so that it can easily scale down to a single CPU computer with low memory to a quad-CPUs monster with gigabytes of RAM. The more power you give to the app, the quicker it will scan your network.
- Each security test is written as an external plugin, written in NASL. This means that updating It does not involve downloading untrusted binaries from the internet. Each NASL plugin can be read and modified, to better understand the results of a report.
- The Security Scanner includes NASL, (Nessus Attack Scripting Language) a language designed to write security tests easily and quickly. NASL plugins run in a contained environment on top of a virtual machine, thus making Nessus an extremely secure scanner.
- Smart service recognition
- It does not believe that the target hosts will respect the IANA assigned port numbers. This means that it will recognize an FTP server running on a non-standard port (ie: 31337), or a web server running on port 8080. Nessus is the first scanner on the market to have implemented this feature for all the security checks (and has been copied by many since then).
- Multiples services
- If a host runs the same service twice or more, It will test all of them. Believe it or not, several scanners on the market still consider that a host can only run one server type at once.
- Full SSL support
- It has the ability to test SSLized services such as https, smtps, imaps, and more. You can even supply the app with a certificate so that it can integrate into a PKI-fied environment. Once again, It was one of the first security scanners on the market to provide this feature.
- Non-destructive or thorough
- It gives you the choice between performing a regular non-destructive security audit on a routine basis, or to throw everything you can at a remote host to see how will it withstands attacks from intruders. Many scanners consider their users to be too inexperienced to make that kind of choice and only offer them to perform "safe" checks.
- The biggest user base
- The most pessimistic computations, based on the number of downloads every day, give the app at least 50,000 users worldwide, but there might be even more - after all, Nessus is downloaded over 2,000 times every day!
- Our huge user base allows us to get the best feedback regarding security checks - and therefore to offer security checks which are reliable, nondestructive and not prone to false positives.
Note: 7 days trial version.