Cisco Packet Tracer (64-bit)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0 (64-bit) LATEST
Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Cisco Packet Tracer (64-bit) 2023 full offline installer setup for PC
Cisco Packet Tracer 64-bit supplements physical equipment in the classroom by allowing students to create a network with an almost unlimited number of devices, encouraging practice, discovery, and troubleshooting.
The simulation-based learning environment helps students develop 21st-century skills such as decision making, creative and critical thinking, and problem-solving. Packet Tracer complements the Networking Academy curricula, allowing instructors to easily teach and demonstrate complex technical concepts and networking systems design. Download Cisco Packet Tracer Offline Installer Setup 64bit for PC!
The Packet Tracer software is available free of charge only to Networking Academy instructors, students, alumni, and administrators that are registered Academy Connection users.
Who uses Packet Tracer?
- Learners exploring networking and tech careers
- Networking, IoT, and cybersecurity students
- Engineers, educators, and trainers
- Distance teaching and learning
Is Cisco Packet Tracer Safe?
Yes, Cisco Packet Tracer is considered safe to use, as Cisco has implemented various enhancements to the software over time. One notable feature is its ability to connect to actual networks using the bridge function. Additionally, the software is now validated by Cisco.com, and users can research "PTbridge connections" for more information. However, it's important to note that some government networks may flag the software as a security concern depending on the actions being performed. Overall, it is a solid choice for network simulation and experimentation.
How to Install and Use
To use Cisco Packet Tracer on a Windows PC, you will need to follow these steps:
- Download the Cisco Packet Tracer software from the Cisco Networking Academy website or FileHorse.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the installer file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Packet Tracer application from the Start menu or by clicking on the shortcut icon on your desktop.
- To start a new simulation, click on the "New" button on the main toolbar, or go to "File" and select "New."
- To add network devices to your simulation, you can use the drag-and-drop interface or go to "Edit" and select "Add Device."
- Connect the devices by dragging a cable from one device's port to another.
- To configure the devices, double-click on them and select the "Config" tab.
- To run the simulation, click on the "Start" button on the main toolbar, or go to "Simulation" and select "Start."
- To end the simulation, click on the "Stop" button on the main toolbar, or go to "Simulation" and select "Stop."
- To save your simulation, go to "File" and select "Save" or "Save As."
Please note that some features may vary depending on the version of the PC Packet Tracer software you are using.
Cisco Packet Tracer supports the following protocols:
FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, TFTP, Telnet, SSH, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, AAA, ISR VOIP, SCCP config and calls ISR to command support, Call Manager Express.
TCP and UDP, TCP Nagle Algorithm & IP Fragmentation, RTP.
BGP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IPv6, ICMPv6, IPSec, RIPv1/ v2/ng, Multi-Area OSPF, EIGRP, Static Routing, Route Redistribution, Multilayer Switching, L3 QoS, NAT, CBAL, Zone-based policy firewall and Intrusion Protection System on the ISR, GRE VPN, IPSec VPN.
Network Access Interface
Ethernet (802.3), 802.11, HDLC, Frame Relay, PPP, PPPoE, STP, RSTP, VTP, DTP, CDP, 802.1q, PAgP, L2 QoS, SLARP, Simple WEP, WPA, EAP.
Also Available: Download Cisco Packet Tracer for Mac