Google Translate LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
This includes the ability to highlight any text in your currently active webpage and offer direct translation in a small popup window, select a phrase or a sentence for a translation in a floating window near the Google Translate icon on top of the web browser, translation of the entire webpage or a streamlined way to open the selected text in the full web app.
The service has built-in support for real-time translation of over 100 languages and can offer automatic language detection of selected text. While the full web app supports advanced features such as speech translation, image translation, document translation, handwritten translation, and more, this Chrome extension is focused only on the translation of the selected text.
With over 200 million daily users from all around the world and 13 years of experience in handling and expanding capabilities of machine translation, It represents one of the most popular, accurate, and easy-to-use text translation services available on Chrome browsers. In addition to the default English language, the UI of this app is translated to an additional 52 languages.
Installation and Use
Since the processing of the translation service is done directly on the Google cloud servers, the actual Google Translation extension that is installed into the Chrome browser can be lightweight and streamlined for fast use. By simply clicking on the “Add to Chrome” button you will download and install small half a megabyte mini-app that will integrate itself into the browser and become ready to use via four methods: highlighting of a word or phrase that will cause the appearance of a pop-up translation, selection of text and choosing translate option via right-click dropdown menu, selection of text and clicking the Google Translate icon in the top-right section of the browser, and translating entire page by clicking on that same icon without any text being selected.
Inside pop-up windows that offer translated text, you can also access tools for changing input/output language, visit the full translate page, translate the entire page, or access extension options.
Features and Highlights
- The most popular and accurate machine language translation service.
- Developed by Google.
- Used by more than 200 million users every day.
- Support for over 100 languages.
- Fully integrated into the Chrome browser.
- Access translation by highlighting a single word, selecting a phrase or sentence, or translating an entire page.
- Choose the input/output languages manually, or let the app detect the source language.
- Hear translations with automated voice playback.
- Streamlined, fast, and lightweight.
- 100% FREE!
Google Translate Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36 (64-bit)
- BackUp MakerBackUp Maker 8.300
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5 (64-bit)
- iAnyGoTenorshare iAnyGo 4.0.15
- Opera GXOpera GX 107.0.5045.30 (64-bit)
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20533
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.20.110
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.7
- Data Recovery4DDiG Windows Data Recovery 9.8.6
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals