TransMac 14.8 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
By default, Windows OS cannot access and copy files from macOS-formatted disks, but this app completely changes that. It allows users to transfer files from Mac disks that are formatted in standard file format, and easily copy data to their desktop and laptop Windows PCs. To maximize the potential for fast and reliable file management, the app comes with a built-in search engine that can easily identify all types of files, with built-in tools for filtering results by extensions, date, and other types of data used by Mac computers. In addition to the support for regular file management, this app also has built-in support to create and burn disc images of several formats (including DMG, IMG, and ISO). The full lists of supported Mac drives include PFS/HFS/HFS+ format disk drives, flash drives, CD/DVD/Blu-ray media, HD floppies, dmg, dmgpart, sparsebundle, and sparseimage files.
The UI of TransMac resembles any basic file manager, with a directory tree on the left pane and file picker on the right pane, with just a few added tools and dropdown menus available on the top. The app is simple, resource-light, and ready to be used by both PC novices and seasoned professionals. The app weighs in at a bit over 2MB and it comes inside an automated installer that will handle app deployment/removal with just a few clicks.
Be aware that upon your first starting of this app, the file management on Mac drives will be set on “read-only” mode to prevent any occurrence of accidental file loss. This setting can be easily changed from within the app, giving users full access to Mac files.
TransMac can be used for FREE only during the 15-day TRIAL evaluation period. After that, users will be required to purchase a pricey single or multi-user license for lifetime use. The app is optimized for use on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP.
Features and Highlights
- Read and write Mac format CDs, DVDs, hard drives, high-density floppy diskettes, and most removable drives.
- Supports most drive interface types including USB, IDE, ATAPI, FireWire (IEEE1394), SCSI, etc.
- Supports both standard HFS (Mac OS Standard) and HFS+/HFSX (macOS Extended and case sensitive) format disks.
- Copy, rename, and delete files and folders.
- Create Mac format CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, etc.
- Burn disk image files (dmg, img, iso, image).
- Format disks for use on Mac.
- Search Mac disks for specific files by type, creator, or extension.
- Read Mac multisession and hybrid CDs.
- Automatic file type/extension mapping between platforms.
- Open and preview Mac and PC files directly from TransMac.
- Display and change Mac type and creator information.
- Create and open file-based Mac volume images including most dmg compressed images.
- Save and restore images of entire disks.
Note: 15 days trial version.