Wi-Fi Scanner 22.11 LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Built from the ground up to provide a wealth of information to any PC enthusiast and technician, this app can be tested by anyone for free during a 10-day TRIAL.
Even though it is focused on providing a large array of tools and services to seasoned PC users, Wi-Fi Scanner is a straightforward tap that even novices can learn to use effectively in minutes. The app integrates with available networking hardware and ethernet environment of its PC and can quickly and reliably scan for all Wi-Fi networks, including 2.4 and 5 GHz bands as well as channel widths 20, 40, 80, 160, and 80+80 MHz and all modern security standards for wireless networks (WEP, WPA or WPA2).
In mere seconds, users can get the comprehensive listing of all 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax wireless signals in their environments, with a detailed data dump for each available connection. The collected data can be filtered by specific parameters and managed to the smallest detail. Seasoned users can use this app to manage wireless connection profiles, overview large corporate networks, and perform a wide array of core business wireless network tasks such as monitoring, planning, security, configuration, and more.
The user interface of the Wi-Fi Scanner app is a bit crowded but streamlined for showcasing a large number of wireless connections. The main work area consists of three separate modules – Filters (where scanned connections can be isolated by their connection quality, network mode, security, and band), a large Listing screen, and Properties area where each selected connection can be viewed in much greater detail using the help of five sub-tabs (Graphs, 2.4 GHz band, 5 GHz band, Network details, and Advanced detail).
Wi-Fi Scanner is a professional networking tool that can be of great help to anyone who is managing a large number of wireless connections and is specially optimized for large business environments. The app is lightweight and fast, but it is not free. The premium license provides lifetime access to the full suite of its tools, but in its free version, it is accessible only for 10 days during its TRIAL period.
Features and Highlights
- A simple, fast wireless network search
- Support for 802.11ax and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Support for 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands
- Support for 20, 40, 80, 160, and 80+80 MHz channel widths
- Display detailed information for a wireless network: network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, achievable and maximum data rate, encryption, channel utilization, clients, etc.
- Show detailed description of information elements (IE)
- Detect security standards WEP, WPA, or WPA2 for wireless networks
- Support for WPS 1.0 and WPS 2.0
- Device name and model number discovery of access points
- Display changes in signal level over time in graphical form
- Display signal spectrum mask for each wireless network
- Customizable graph color for any wireless network
- Filter list of detected wireless networks by specified parameters (quality, network mode, security, etc.)
- Connect to detected networks
- Display Wi-Fi radio state (software, hardware)
- Display wireless connection parameters
- Display wireless connection statistics in the form of graphs and tables
- Manage wireless connection profiles
- Disconnect/connect wireless adapters