Xpadder 5.7 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Xpadder 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Developers of the tool have offered this gamepad emulator for free under a freeware license, but after years of work, they have elected to switch their focus on a premium version that can be purchased via their website. However, the latest freeware version remains accessible online and it still offers tons of valuable tools that can enable gamers to take full control over games that don’t have native gamepad support.
Installation and Use
Xpadder is distributed inside a small installation package that will not introduce any OS/Registry changes. It will just copy the emulator into the desired folder and offer you a custom position where you can save your preset files. After installation is done, you can plug in your gamepad, fire up the app, and start creating new presets by assigning keyboard or mouse shortcuts to various segments of your gamepad. Binding of Mouse movements can be customized to a fine degree using a built-in emulator speed option, with test area for making sure the sensitivity is just right. All gamepad buttons sticks and triggers can be bound (both in normal and “Turbo” mode), and the finished presets can be saved for future use.
The user interface is a bit outdated, but it’s easy for use and packs just enough functionality to make it not overly complicated. The main window of the app features a visual representation of the controller, with empty boxes at all button placements. The user can simply click on those boxes and bind the desired shortcut. Preset saving and loading are present just beside the on top (saving) and bottom (loading of presets) of the app.
It is very important to note that not all games can be controlled with the app, namely, those are the games that use advanced anti-cheat protection such as GameGuard. Even though the active development of this freeware version was stopped in 2008, the free edition of Xpad der still packs enough functionality to satisfy many users.
Features and Highlights
- Reliable keyboard and mouse emulation on modern gamepads.
- Full support for the rumble and vibrate features, even in games that don’t natively support them.
- Supports remapping of gamepads, joysticks, arcade sticks, gaming guitars, steering wheels, dance mats, and drum kits.
- Works with newer input gamepads.
- Enable old games to gain full support for gamepads.
- Continue using your favorite controller on all games.
- Support for both singleplayer and multiplayer games.
- Fully usable in emulated games.
- Fully usable in-browser games.
- Control media players or various windows software via the gamepad.
- Native support for up to 16 gamepads.
- Available on all modern versions of Windows (XP and newer)
- 100% FREE
Note: The last freeware version (5.3) was released in 2008. Newer versions are available from the developer's site xpadder.com only, for $9.99.