Oracle Database Express Edition 21c LATEST
Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 / Windows 11
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) is a powerful and feature-rich database management system that caters to developers, students, and small-scale applications. It offers the robust capabilities of Oracle Database in a free, easy-to-use package, making it an attractive choice for those looking to explore and develop applications with a professional-grade database.
With the tool, you can now develop and deploy applications with a powerful, proven, industry-leading infrastructure, and then upgrade when necessary without costly and complex migrations.
It can be installed on any size host machine with any number of CPUs (one database per machine), but XE will store up to 12GB of user data, use up to 2GB of memory, and use one CPU on the host machine.
Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) is a great starter database for:
- Developers working on Node.js, Python, PHP, Java, .NET, XML, and Open Source applications
- DBAs who need a free, starter database for training and deployment
- Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and hardware vendors who want a starter database to distribute free of charge
- Educational institutions and students who need a free database for their curriculum
Multi-Tenant: Achieve enhanced isolation, flexibility, and cost efficiency by effectively managing multiple Pluggable Databases within your Oracle Multitenant Container Database.
In-Memory: Empower real-time analytics, business intelligence, and report generation by utilizing the Oracle Database In-Memory column store to store critical data.
Partitioning: Elevate database performance, availability, and ease of management through data partitioning tailored to meet a wide range of business needs.
Advanced Analytics: Harness the power of your data to gain valuable insights and make predictions using tools such as Data Mining SQL, R programming, and the Oracle Data Miner UI.
Advanced Security: Safeguard your sensitive data from the source and construct end-to-end encrypted applications with a robust security framework, including Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and Data Redaction.
- Up to 12 GB of user data
- Up to 2 GB of database RAM
- Up to 2 CPU threads
Are you in search of the ideal database for your upcoming development project? Discover the benefits of Oracle Database XE, available for FREE.
- Connect the database with your preferred programming languages and development environments, including Java, .NET, Python, Node.js, Go, PHP, C/C++, and more.
- Master SQL on the world's leading relational database or explore Oracle's native support for JSON documents, spatial data, and graph data.
- Leverage free development tools and integrated development environments (IDEs) from Oracle, such as SQL Developer, SQLcl, and SQL Developer Data Modeler.
- Enhance your database with free Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) for REST-enabling your applications.
- For streamlined low-code app development, utilize Oracle APEX on top of ORDS and XE at no additional cost, enabling you to rapidly create data-centric web applications compatible with both mobile and desktop browsers.
Experience the convenience of Oracle Database XE, designed to simplify the lives of database administrators and other system administrators.
- Effortlessly manage multiple Oracle Databases in one centralized location with Oracle Multitenant pluggable databases.
- Optimize database performance by utilizing table partitions for accelerated query processing.
- Maximize storage efficiency through data compression techniques.
- Secure your database with ease by performing complete backups using Oracle RMAN.
- Enhance security and compliance by employing Transparent Data Encryption for data at rest, configuring database audit policies to monitor data access, and implementing a Database Vault to prevent unauthorized privileged user access.
Unlock the immense analytical capabilities of Oracle Database, fully accessible through the database.
- Dramatically accelerate your queries on extensive datasets using the Oracle In-Memory Column Store.
- Simplify complex analyses by translating them into concise SQL statements with Advanced Analytics, including Data Mining SQL.
- Create visual analyses using Oracle's free Data Miner UI.
- Efficiently load data into your database using Data Pump, SQL*Loader, external tables, or SQL Developer.
- If you prefer R programming, it supports it as well.
Teachers and students can freely harness the educational potential of the app for database curriculum and instruction, offering a flexible learning experience.
- Access a suite of courseware available from Oracle Academy.
- Benefit from zero licensing costs.
- Easily install the database.
- Enjoy the functionality of a full-featured database.
For ISVs seeking a feature-rich database with a small footprint, the app is the ideal solution.
- Embed the database within your software applications.
- Distribute it along with your software packages.
- Install it on customer premises for a proof of concept.
- Deliver comprehensive prototypes to your prospects.
The app caters to a broad user base, regardless of size or specific requirements. Here are some examples:
- Startups operating on a limited budget, are eager to kickstart their development projects promptly.
- Non-profit organizations and other entities seeking an Oracle Database without the need for a fully supported edition.
- Software developers looking to showcase their applications to customers.
- Individuals in need of a private sandbox environment for database evaluation, testing, and proof-of-concept projects.
Installing the database may require some technical expertise, but Oracle offers comprehensive documentation to guide you through the process. The installation involves downloading the installation files, configuring settings, and creating a database user account. It's important to follow the installation instructions carefully to avoid potential issues.
How to Use
Installation: As mentioned earlier, start by downloading and installing the database on your system.
Accessing APEX: Once installed, access the Oracle APEX web interface through a browser. You can log in using the admin account created during installation.
Creating Databases: Use APEX to create databases, and tables, and define schema structures as needed.
SQL Development: Develop SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts using Oracle SQL Developer or other preferred development tools.
Application Development: APEX allows you to create web applications that interact with your database. This is particularly useful for building front-end interfaces for your data.
Is Oracle Database XE truly free to use?
Yes, Oracle Database XE is free for both development and production use, with some limitations on database size and system resources.
What are the system requirements for Oracle Database XE?
Oracle provides detailed system requirements in its documentation, but in general, you'll need a compatible operating system, sufficient memory, and disk space.
Can I use Oracle Database XE for commercial applications?
Yes, you can use XE for commercial applications as long as they meet the database size and resource limitations.
Is technical support available for Oracle Database XE?
Oracle offers community support through forums and documentation, but there is no official technical support for XE.
Are there any limitations on the number of concurrent connections in Oracle Database XE?
Yes, XE limits concurrent connections to 20.
MySQL: A popular open-source database management system known for its speed, reliability, and ease of use.
PostgreSQL: Another powerful open-source database system with a strong focus on data integrity and extensibility.
SQLite: A lightweight, file-based database system suitable for embedded applications and mobile development.
Microsoft SQL Server Express: A free, scaled-down version of Microsoft SQL Server with limitations on database size and resource usage.
MongoDB: A NoSQL database for handling unstructured data and large datasets, ideal for modern web applications.
Oracle Database XE is FREE for development and production use within the specified resource limits. However, for organizations with larger databases or higher demands, Oracle offers paid versions of its database software with extended capabilities and support.
- Robust and feature-rich database system
- Free to use for development and small-scale production
- Web-based management interface with Oracle APEX
- Strong security features
- Scalable for small to medium-sized applications
- Installation and setup can be complex for beginners
- Limited to 12 GB of data storage
- No official technical support for XE
- Restricted to 20 concurrent connections
Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) is a valuable tool for developers and small-scale applications seeking the power and reliability of Oracle Database without the hefty price tag. With its impressive features, web-based management, and free licensing, it's a compelling choice for those looking to build and deploy database-driven applications.
However, users should be mindful of its limitations, such as database size and concurrent connection restrictions. Overall, Oracle Database XE is a solid choice for database management, and its strengths outweigh its limitations for many use cases.
Oracle Database Express Edition 21c Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36 (64-bit)
- BackUp MakerBackUp Maker 8.300
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5 (64-bit)
- iAnyGoTenorshare iAnyGo 4.0.15
- Opera GXOpera GX 107.0.5045.37 (64-bit)
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20555
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.20.110
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.11
- Data Recovery4DDiG Windows Data Recovery 9.8.6
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals