Tera Term 4.105 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Tera Term 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Tera Term, also known by the abbreviation `TT' was created in 1994 in Japan. The original author of the app was Takashi Teranishi. He was the one who put in place the "backbone" off the application that allows him to develop it further today - over a decade later.
It was released as freeware and won the "Online software grand prize 97" competition held by the Japanese tool portal Madonomori in 1997.
It has been popular among engineers in Japan and all over the world for many years, but not being developed since 1998 it slowly started to become out of date. The program got compatibility issues with the latest versions of Windows, was lacking SSH2 protocol support, etc. There were several plug-ins like IPv6 and transparency support developed by different users however they did not address all the issues and could not be distributed as a new version of TeraTerm as this would require permission from Teranishi san who was not easy to reach.
Features and Highlights
- Serial port connections.
- TCP/IP (telnet, SSH1, SSH2) connections.
- Log replaying.
- Named pipe connection.
- IPv6 communication.
- VT100 emulation and selected VT200/300 emulation.
- TEK4010 emulation.
- File transfer protocols (Kermit, XMODEM, YMODEM, ZMODEM, B-PLUS, and Quick-VAN).
- Scripts using the "Tera Term Language".
- Japanese, English, Russian, Korean, and UTF-8 character sets.
- UTF-8 character encoding.
- Message catalog (Japanese, English, German, French, Russian, Korean, and Chinese).